Dry Film Lubricants / Your global solution partner
DRY FILM LUBRICANTS
- Lubricants are indispensable for adjusting the coefficient of friction to desired values and narrowing down the standard deviation of the friction values of modern connection elements.
- Good choice of the product and proper processing is influencing the layer quality – ideally synergies are achieved here.
microGLEIT® DF dry films are mostly water-based lubricant systems; they contain e.g. PE (polyethylene) and partly additives such as PTFE or wax.
- After application this dry films build thin, transparent layers with a typical thickness of 1 to 5 μm.
- For connection elements of all kinds this thin layer warrants a defined, constant coefficient of friction μges in a range of 0,08 to 0,16, depending on application and product. (Friction values μges according DIN EN ISO 16047)
- Basic principle:
No threaded connection without proper lubrication!
microGLEIT® dry film lubricants are used on threaded connections in almost any industry segment, such as:
- bolts and nuts with metric threads (e.g. according ISO 4014, DIN 931, 933 etc.),
- wood construction screws (e.g. SPAX®),
- stainless steel bolts and nuts,
- almost any threaded connection in automotive industries,
- thread forming and self-tapping screws,
- and many more…
microGLEIT® dry film lubricants are suitable as topcoating for all known surfaces on bolts and nuts, such as:
- galvanic zinc (including all chromate coatings (yellow, blue, black or olive)
- zinc-nickel and zinc-iron coatings
- zinc-flake coatings.
microGLEIT® dry film lubricants are characterised by very good film formation and excellent processing capability during application. microGLEIT® offers not only top products but also appropriate process knowhow.
DF 971 (TN 9195)
DF 977 (S)
- Threaded connections according to VDA 235-203
- Stainless steel-, aluminium-, tapping screws
- Thread forming screws
- Threaded connections for electrics
- Chipboard and wooden construction screws
- Lock nuts and pinch nuts
- Automotive industry approvals
- Single or multiple tightening
- Avoiding stick-slip (e.g. with KTL-layers)
- Top-coat for Zn-flake systems and all known Zn-based surfaces